Pages

Tuesday, April 29, 2014

Show LOVE, Give LOVE...

Yesterday I was reminded of just how truly blessed we are...

As some of you know, we recently took our son to his Pediatrician for a routine well check exam. While there, the Doctor discovered something "abnormal" (in order to protect our son, we have chosen not to go into detail about this). He referred us to a Pediatric Surgeon for a second opinion and gave us orders not to "Google" or think about it again until we met with the surgeon. Well as parent's that is near impossible. I immediately called in my prayer warriors asking them to lift up our son in prayer, that this issue would correct itself before our consultation with the surgeon. I cried out to God asking that IF it be HIS will and HIS plan, that this problem correct itself before our consultation with the surgeon.

God gave me an answer. It wasn't what I wanted but He answered.



Our son, our baby boy, our 18 month old will be admitted to the Children's Hospital, he will be administered anesthesia, he will be laying on a table with skilled doctor's and nurses surrounding his precious little body working carefully to correct his issue. Derick and I will feel that we are miles away while we sit in a waiting room. This was overwhelming news for me yesterday. This was not the news I wanted. This was not MY plan for our son.

As I walked out of the consult room, holding my baby boy while he slept, we passed through the waiting room to exit the building. I noticed the other children sitting in the waiting room. Some looked healthy, some were confined to wheel chairs, some had severe disabilities.

I placed my sleeping baby boy into the safety of his car seat and thanked God for my healthy children. I thanked God that this procedure is not more serious. I thanked God that we are living in America with access to medicine, state of the art health care, access to trained surgeons who can correct my son's issue. Derick and I are so thankful for these things and we do not want to take our children's health for granted again.

Even still, I cling to this passage from Jeremiah for our son...
"For I know the plans I have for you," declares the Lord, "plans to prosper you and not harm you, plans to give you hope and a future."

In the same way that I cling to that passage in Jeremiah for our son, I also cling to that same passage for our Ethiopian child.

Our child who is waiting in Ethiopia and so many others across the world do not have access to state of the art health care, medicine, trained surgeons, and parents fighting for them.

Our child in Ethiopia deserves these same "luxuries".
Our child in Ethiopia deserves a chance.
Our child in Ethiopia deserves to know the love of our Heavenly Father.
Our child in Ethiopia deserves a forever home.
Our child in Ethiopia deserves to know that they are loved, wanted, prayed for.
Our child in Ethiopia deserves to have unconditional love from a mom and dad.

This Mother's Day, would you join us in purchasing with a purpose? Would you Show LOVE to your mom this Mother's Day with a gift that will help us GIVE LOVE to our child waiting in Ethiopia?








Jump on over to our online store to get a set of custom designed scripture note cards for your mom, wife or friend. Each purchase between now and May 10th will receive a FREE Mother's Day card and FREE shipping with discount code "FREESHIP".



No comments:

Post a Comment