Pages

Monday, April 14, 2014

Take Me Into the Beautiful...

One thing that has always been a big influence in my life is music. I guess I should say that I can't remember a time where music was not in my life. For me, it is an essential part in worshiping my Heavenly Father. He is reason that I sing.

When we began processing through countless adoption fundraisers I knew that we had to do a concert, a night of worship. We also knew getting a well known band was out of the question due to lack of finances and lack of connections with anyone. We figured when the time came, we would find a worship team from a nearby church that would be willing to come lead us in a night of worship.

A few weeks ago we received a text message from a friend that read:
Cloverton will be coming through the area at the end of April, do you think the church would want to host a concert?

Jokingly I told Derick, "Hey, maybe we could get them to come do a benefit concert!" Derick sent the text joking/asking and the reply back was "They might, I'll give them your information."

If you aren't familiar with Cloverton, they are an amazing Contemporary Christian band who just so happens to have the #1 most downloaded song in the history of KLOVE with "Take Me Into the Beautiful".

A couple days later, I am standing in the middle of Hobby Lobby when my phone rings. I don't recognize the number but I answer and hear a voice on the other end say "Hey, this is Lance with Cloverton, is this Lacey?" 

WOW! I was in total shock. He went on to ask questions about our adoption and our vision for the concert. They shared in our vision to do two things, worship our Heavenly Father and bring awareness to orphan care in the process.

The only available date they had was in four weeks. If we are being honest, we were all concerned about the time frame and if we could pull it off considering our small town. We all agreed to pray about it and talk the next afternoon to confirm.

The next day we went to lunch at one of our favorite restaurants. While having lunch, a friend who works for the Galilean Home Ministries came by to talk. We begin to tell him about our opportunity to host Cloverton for a benefit concert but we just felt that didn't have enough time, resources and connections to make it successful. After talking further, it became apparent what we needed to do. 

We would partner with The Galilean Home Ministries. 

The Galilean Home began in 1970 with Jerry and the late Sandy Tucker. Having been unable to conceive and after much prayer, the couple decided to adopt. They now have two biological children and 30 adopted children. Through their ministry, they have helped nearly 1,000 children and over 700 newborns. What a testimony of God's love and following his call in Micah 6:8 to "Seek Justice, Love Mercy & Walk Humbly with Your God". This organization who is really just a big family, is very near to our hearts. With their involvement in adoption and orphan care, it is only natural that we would partner with them. 

We are now two weeks away from the concert and tickets have been on sale for one week. We are trying not to focus on how many tickets get sold because we know our God will sort out all the details. What we want to remain focused on are two very important things...
1. Honoring our Heavenly Father through a night of worship with the talented band Cloverton. 
2. Bringing awareness about orphan care and The Galilean Home Ministries. 

God introduced us to Cloverton in 2011 when they performed at the local Apple Festival. In 2012 their former sound technician began attending the church where my husband pastors. In 2013 we began praying about growing our family through adoption. In 2014 we began the adoption process and Cloverton agrees to do a benefit concert to help in our fundraising efforts. 

Coincidence? Absolutely not. 

Only MY God could write a story so beautifully....


We would love to have you come out and join us for a wonderful night of worship.







No comments:

Post a Comment